Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 30, 2007

Toddler time

Well, we officially have a toddler on our hands. For those of you that know our little man he has always been Mr. laid back, nothing bothers me, and I'm always happy(well almost). I'm afraid those days are pretty much over. I guess I shouldn't be so negative because for the most part Chase does AWESOME, but lately his little attitude has changed.

First of all he will look at us with this "scowl". It's not just when we take something away from him that he shouldn't be playing with or telling him no, he just looks at us sometimes and glares. I haven't been able to catch it on camera yet.
Secondly, he HATES getting his diaper changed or having to get dressed. This is something he never cared about before. The other day I took him into the doctors office to weigh him and he was not happy at all. After getting him undressed I attempted to put him on the scale. He wanted nothing to do with that. He arched his back, screamed, and just wanted me to hold him. I guess we are in for new things with upcoming doctor visits. I'm glad he likes his mommy though. :)
For those of you with toddlers I know none of this comes as a surprise and you are all saying "welcome to our world".
We too know all of these things but Chase has never really challenged us up to this point. So we are now taking that next step in parenting and learning how to handle a toddler. As I said earlier I shouldn't be too negative because
Chase is so precious to us and he is doing lots of positive things right now too.
He has always been a good sleeper and continues to do so. He went through a rough patch around 9-10 months but has come out of it. He sleeps anywhere from 10-12 hours at night and takes a nap during the day from 1 1/2-3 hours. Yesterday morning he slept in until 9am...yeah!!! He will even cuddle with us sometimes too.
He is also waving "bye bye" as soon as you say the words and keeps waving for about the next 30 minutes. He is still working on saying something too. We think now he is saying "that" instead of "hot". Saying "daddy" is pretty clear too. I haven't heard "mommy" yet much but I guess that's ok for now. I've included some pictures of Chase's new tricks lately. Enjoy! Learning to eat with utensils. He usually hands us the fork to put the food on then he puts it in his mouth. He does still enjoy throwing food on the floor too. He likes peas, green beans, carrots, grilled cheese, fruit bars, grapes, and LOVES pudding just to name a few.
Laughing hysterically..he likes to play peek-a-boo and is ticklish too
Chase is trying to stab the food with his fork.
Signing "all done"

Playing in the bathroom sink while Daddy shaves. Usually Chase will play by himself really well but there are times when all he wants is to be close to Mommy and Daddy.
Emptying out kitchen drawers and spreading everything all over the kitchen.

Emptying out the kitchen cabinets too. Chase likes to carry around a wooden spoon right now. Sometimes we even take it in the car with us.
Pointing at everything!!! Chase also enjoys crawling after the cats. He hasn't caught either one of them yet though. I'm sure one of these days he will.


No comments: