Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Hey Everybody...I'm walking!!!

Chase Michael has FINALLY decided that it's cooler to walk than crawl. All the kids are doing it I guess. He still crawls some but is mostly choosing to get back up and walk if he falls down. Praise the Lord!!! He's still pretty wobbly and looks funny doing it but he's getting it!!! I'm such a proud mommy right now so I took lots of pictures.
He's also attempting to talk more too. This week we heard "open", "cracker", "basketball"- of course in Chase lingo sounds like "bup baaa" but he is pointing at the game while he says it, and we think "apple". I think right now only Chad and I know that he's actually saying these particular words but I think eventually everyone else will understand him too. I've decided he's never going to say "mommy" (you know..the lady who gave birth to him) so I'm going to stop trying, hopefully he still loves me. :) Enjoy!
What? I already know I'm cool!!!
Look...I can even stand up in the middle of the room with a ball in my hand.

I love cell phones!
And to hold my sippy cup in my mouth while I walk

He LOVES to run around in a diaper!!!
Ok this looks like some kind of funky dance move but it's really Chase in the middle of standing up on his own!!! What a big guy!!!!

2 comments:

The Peppler Family said...

Way to go, Chase!!! I'm sure you're going to be keeping your daddy and mommy very busy from now on!!!

The Smith's said...

Yea for Chase! What a big boy you are!! Don't worry Cara...Anna said many more words before she ever said Mommy so you're not the only one. :0)