Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 18, 2010

4th birthday: part 2

Part two of Chase's birthday was at our house with family. We had a blast at this one too! It was super hot that day!!! More group shots.....Chase was supposed to be front and center but he wanted Paw Paw Tobie to hold him (shocker) so Chad and I were the chosen ones!

The birthday boy with all his presents, I believe he told everyone "It's my birthday"

One of his favorite things right now: a "motor-bixcycle". I'm not even sure how to spell that but that's how Chase says it. He loves to see them on the road and points them out. He doesn't so much love them when they are loud. He usually says "Are they gonna get me?"


So Maw Maw (Carla) brought him a motorcycle cake




going for a tractor ride with paw paw Tobie

saying cheese


This last story might be one of those "You had to be there" moments but I'll attempt to explain. Obviously, you all know Chad's love for sports, and it is looking like Chase will follow right along in his foot steps, so during the summer we play baseball. Chase has taken a liking to learning the game. Earlier in the summer while at a baseball game of Tyler's at Morsches park, Chase spotted the catcher and became scared of his mask (or "max" as chase says). So for a while he didn't even want to enter the park because "the catcher is going to get me". But after we explained why the catcher wears a mask and that is wasn't scary at all, he's kind of started liking the catchers.
So.....at the birthday party Chase wanted to play baseball. After a while he wanted to be the catcher, so I told him to go get his mask. I am not lying when I say that he came up with the idea for the "mask" all on his own. Earlier in the week(before his party), he came up with the idea to use one of his toys, so he used it during the game at his party. I hope this makes sense when you see the pictures.

Here is Chase being the batter at first


Now....he's the catcher. I believe his words were...."I need a batter". We all CRACKED up laughing. I especially like his stance. Can you tell he's studied what the catcher is supposed to do (minus the water bottle)?

I believe he was getting ready to give Chad a pitching signal here in this one.....Chad taught him that too.

TOO FUNNY!

No comments: