Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 9, 2009

6 months ago

It's so hard to believe it's been 6 months since we said goodbye to Colten. Time has flown by(most days). The Lord has surely been working in our lives since that day. I am amazed at how far He has taken me and very grateful for that matter. The power of prayer is TRULY amazing!!! I miss Colten everyday, but I am slowly starting to understand and believe that this was all part of God's bigger plan for Colten, and for us.

A friend gave me a gift last week and it had the meaning of Colten's name on it. We didn't know the meaning of his name when we chose it but it fits him perfectly(imagine that).

Colten: from God's estate
Robert: excellent worth

A recent devotion of mine reads this: The simple truth is that God is not constrained to tell us why bad things happen to us. But he will let us know how to walk through them....with patience and hope. The verse that went along with it was, "My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:9).

I would like to share some more photos of Colten. It's hard to tell in these shots how much he looked like Chase but he sure did. I am so lucky to be the mommy of two beautiful boys.



2 comments:

The Gaertegang Homestead said...

It does seem impossible that six months has passed. What a beautiful post from a mommy who was kind enough to share her thoughts with us all.

red203 said...

After some hesitation, I've decided to post how much I feel for you and your lost. We lost our Colten Daniel on March 5, 1998. It's still hard. After reading your post, I'm touched by the meaning of Colten's name. Grandpa Bills always has told me what an unhappy place Heaven would be without Babies to Love on. I always remember that when I'm needing comfort.

With love, Cari Wells