Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 8, 2009

My mom

Taken on my birthday 9-7-09 before we headed out for some shopping(please ignore the sink full of dishes in the background. It was my birthday...I was not doing the dishes!).

I don't think I've ever done a post about my mom. Well it's long overdue. My mom is AWESOME! I probably haven't posted about her because I take it for granted too often the many things she does for me. Well, first of all, she loves the Lord and I am so very thankful that she raised me in a home where HE was #1. Even though I'm not sure I always wanted to listen (teenage years maybe?), I know now how important it is to have Christ at the center of a home.

We both share the love of shopping, purses, shoes, jewelry, and CHOCOLATE. Thank you mom for instilling these obsessions in me. :)

My mom is a wonderful listener, she ALWAYS lets me vent on the phone when I'm having a bad day. She always watches Chase when we need help and he LOVES to go to her house. She is even a good sport when Chase picks Paw Paw over her when they are both home.
I am amazed at how compassionate my mom is....she works at a funeral home and loves it.
Not many people can say they "love" their job, but she does. I know there are days when it's crazy but she keeps going back. I don't have enough time or words to describe how awesome the people are at the funeral home where she works. AMAZING!

I know there are many more things I could say about my mom. Most of all I just want to thank her for being so wonderful!!!

1 comment:

Miller Mommy said...

I agree 100% your mom is amazing! She was so wonderful to work with during the passing of Steve's father, so caring! We known your mom and dad a long time and they are such wonderful people!!! Great post!!!