Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Scrapbooking/29th Birthday

I've been avoiding posting these pictures because it means I am accepting that I am actually 29 years old. UGH! But I did get to scrapbook for many, many hours the day before my birthday, which was actually September 7th. My very fun friends threw me a little suprise birthday party at our scrapbook event the day before my birthday. I had so much fun!

I can't describe to you how much I love this hobby!!!! The church I grew up in has a very nice building that I rent every few months for some hard core scrapping. I'm telling ya.....love it! In case you don't really know what goes into scrap booking, and you might be thinking that I'm pretty crazy right now, let me list for you a few things that come along with me to a scrapbook day, in addition to the many bags and totes that carry my much needed scrapbook tools(which you can see in the following pictures). It's not just a bunch of girls slapping some pictures on paper. :)

In no particular order:

Peanut butter m&m's: this is a MUST have at any scrapbook event. (I suppose any chocolate candy would do if you don't like peanut butter)
Slippers
Pillow to sit on: The chairs get kind of hard after a while
Blanket: for those of us that get chilly
Movies: preferably chick flicks
Food/Snacks/Desserts
Band aids: it gets pretty rough
Caffeine!!!!!!

I don't usually take pictures when we scrap but I will be scrap booking these pictures of us scrap booking very soon. I'm obsessed!

My birthday cake made by my special friend Sara
Yep...complete with 29 candles

And I blew them out all in one breath
opening my presents
Sarah and Sara
Mel, Leslie and Mandy
Harmony and her sister, Elizabeth

Sara and her GIANT pencil(one of her must haves at scrap day)
Christy and her cute pig tails
Cheri and Shelley
Leslie and I
Jenni and I
Harmony and I
Shelley and I
Cheri and I
Are you ready to join me at the next scrap event?

1 comment:

The Gaertegang Homestead said...

Happy belated B-day.....well I have one on ya..30 for me last month..bummer..but what else can you do but embrace it!!! Great family pics..Love the rain boots and underwear in the other post...TOTALLY fun girl night scrapping!!!!